Today I'm going to show you how easy this is to do in Serif's Craft Artist Professional (CAP) and it's Predecessor Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 (DSA2). The photo is blended using the Transparency tool. (Note that this tool is disabled in the cut down versions.)
1. Place your photo onto layer 1 and resize it etc.
2. With the photo selected click on the Transparency Tool button - it looks like a glass.
3. The click on the dropdown box that currently says none and select radial.
4. Click on the black dot in the centre of the circle and drag it to where you want the main focal part of the photo to be.
5. Click on the white dot at the edge of the circle and drag it outwards or inwards to adjust the transparency of the photo edges.
In my example I place a background paper behind it and then added more photos and elements on top.
Have fun, and I'd love to see what you create. Blessings to you all from Angela.