For this tutorial my daughter and I are using the teabag folding tiles from the Toucan Scraps Christmas Card Making Kit.
The stars are made with the Kite Fold. For each ornament you need 2 stars, each star uses 8 teabag tiles.
The teabag folding bit
Cut out the square teabag folding tiles.
For each square:
1. fold the square in half down the diagonal
2. open out
3. turn over
4. fold the side corners into the middle fold to form a kite
For each Star
1. take 8 kites (can be 8 the same or 2 lots of 4. If using 2 tiles then alternate them as you stick them together)
2. Turn the first kite face up.
3. Apply glue/adhesive to one section of the widest part of the kite.
4. Stick a 2nd kite to the 1st one
5. Repeat with the remaining kites until a star has been formed.
For each ornament
1. Take 2 stars
2. Stick them together back to back
3. Punch or pierce a hole in the top
4. thread with ribbon/twine/lace/string
5. secure with a good knot