You will need
- Alcohol Based Markers. I used 2 Tria Markers from Letraset, colour numbers V746 and V564.
- Cotton Drawstring bag, or other cotton item to decorate.
- Rubber stamp with a solid or bold design. I used a homemade double sided hand carved rubber stamp.
- Scrap Paper.
- An iron.
The How to ...
1. Pre-wash the item if possible, dry and iron.
2. Fold a piece of scrap paper to the width of the bag and slip it inside to prevent ink from bleeding through.
3. Ink up your stamp with the marker(s)
4. Print firmly on the fabric. For my design I used 2 images and formed a blockwork pattern.
5. Leave to dry
6. Repeat on the other side
7. Turn the bag inside out and slip the scrap paper back inside again
8. Iron with a dry iron set to the appropriate heat for cotton on both sides. This will set the ink.
9. When cool remove the paper, turn the right side out and admire your master piece.
Would you like to see a short series in the New Year on how to hand carve your own rubber stamps like the one I used on this project?
Have fun creating, and many Blessings to you from Angela.