Friday, 25 May 2012

Outline Text in Craft Artist and DSA


Hello folks, several months ago I wrote a tutorial on fancy text using Craft Artist Professional (CAP) and Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 (DSA). Today I’m going to show you something else you can do with text in Craft Artist and DSA. I’m going to show you how to edit your text to turn the solid font into an outline font – instantly doubling up the number of fonts you have on your computer.

  • First type your text using your chosen font. I've used Aharoni.
  • With the text selected go to the colour tab and click on the solid square, then click on the little checkerboard square next to it. That will turn the fill colour to transparent.




  •  Now click on the outline square and set it to the colour you want to use. I used black for this example.



  • I have Craft Artist set so that the outline is turned off by default, that is why the text has disappeared. Now I need to turn it on.
  • Select the line tab (next to the colour one)



  • Select the line style you want to use. I've chosen the solid line.



  • Using the slider or the drop down box you can alter the thickness of the line.



Have fun trying this out with lots of different types of fonts.
Blessings from Angela.

1 comment:

  1. Angela, how fortunate for me to have this tutorial. I just purchased Craft Artist. Thanks for the unexpected help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. If you are asking a question please leave your email address to we can answer you.