Monday, 21 May 2012

Preparing a Printout for Hybid ATCs

I recently made a few sets of ATCs using digital papers, elements and stamps. I've had a some comments in my galleries like "I wish I could do that". So I'm going to walk you through how I prepared my printout for a set I made using Angie Young's Experience Life Bundle and a Tree Digital Stamp from the Stamping Boutique.



First, what is an ATC?
ATC is short for Artist Trading Card. These cards are traditionally the size of a standard playing card (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and traded between artists and crafters at events (instead of business cards). They are great for sticking on the fridge, in your handbag for daily reminders, and even for giving as gifts of encouragement.

Preparing the Printout
  • I set-up the page in my software (I'm using Digital Craft Artist) to the size I'm going to print out at (A4 for me).
  • I created a cropping mask the size of the ATC base - 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
  • Then I cropped a digital paper to the mask.
  • I repeated this two more time to create 3 ATC bases across the top of my page.
  • I liked the word art that says Life is so Amazing and put a copy of it on my page.
  • I remembered this tree digital stamp from my stash and added that too.
  • The Stamp has a title box at the bottom, so I resized the word art to fit in the box.
  • I grouped the wordart and tree together then moved them ontop of one of the background papers, resizing to fit. 
  • The kit has another lovely piece of word art that I thought would look good on a little tag.
  • My Fiskars tag punch is just under 2 inches long and just over 1 inch wide. I'm going to use that to cut out the tag after printing. I resized the word art to fit.
  • I chose another of the digital papers and placed it behind the word art cropping it to a little larger than my tag punch.

  • I continued adding elements from the kit to my page resizing them to fit on an ATC or inside one of my Fiskars punches.
  • I wanted to punch out some flowers to stick on the tree and put a strip of digital paper along the bottom of the page to use for that.


Printing
I print my ATC sheets out onto medium weight white card stock.


Now I'm ready for some punching and cutting out, a little colouring, some glueing and sticking, and some doodling - lots of creative, relaxing fun.

Here are the ATCs I made from this sheet. Clicking on them will take you to close-ups in the gallery.

  

I wrote a short tutorial on how to make those gem flowers a few weeks ago (here).

Have fun creating and crafting, but I'll warn you making ATCs can get addictive.
Blessings from Angela

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Angela. I'll be trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I saw the tutorial but I must not have marked it or something. It is marked now & I am ever so grateful for it. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. If you are asking a question please leave your email address to we can answer you.