To make these rings you need fresh lavender stems. Anything harvested more than 1 day is going to be too brittle to shape.
- Cut fresh stems of lavender. Try to cut them as long as possible - the longer they are the more sturdy and larger your ring can be.
- Strip the leaves from the stems
- Slowly bend the largest stem round to form ring like shape and wrap it round itself to hold the shape
- line up the next stem so the flower head is just behind the first one
- wrap the second stem round and around the ring to secure in place by tucking the stem into the ring.
- Add more stems, weaving and wrapping them in place.
- Keep going until the ring is as full as you wish it to be
- If this is for a gift, add a tag.
These lavender rings can also be left to air dry and then given as gifts later in the year.
Have fun and be blessed, from Angela