Friday, 15 June 2012

Warping Text in Craft Artist

Hello everyone, I have another technique tutorial to share with you today for Serif's Craft Artist Professional (CAP) software. I'm playing with text again, and this time I'm going to show you how to warp a block of text.

I was scrapbooking with a new kit from Aria called Follow Your Art - Discover, and wanted to add some text to this lovely book element she included in the clusters pack.


As you can see, just putting text across the top doesn't work. So how did I warp it to make it look right?


  • Select the text and look at the handles on the selection box.
  • Click on the one in the centre of the top and drag it left or right (right in my example).



  • Repeat with the central handle at the bottom.
  • Move both handles until you get the side of the text running as you want it. In my example I now have the left edge of the text box parallel with the edge of the page.




  • Click on the central handle along the side of the text box and move it up or down to change the angle of the text lines.
  • Adjust the handles on both sides until you get the result you want.


You can see the completed layout in my gallery here.

Have fun adding creative journaling to your layouts.
Blessings to you all from Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. If you are asking a question please leave your email address to we can answer you.