Monday, 9 July 2012

Digital Art Journaling Walk Through - Unstoppable.

I was doing some digital art journaling today and got inspiration from Unstoppable by Rascal Flatts. I also thought I'd take some step by step screen shots to show the process I went through. One of the main differences between journaling digitally and physically is that I don't have to start with the base and work up, I can choose to start and the top and work down etc.



Here's a list of the digital supplies I used:


I started by adding part of the lyrics from the song that inspired me to the top left of the page. The last line I was adding is "Love is Unstoppable", this is the title of my art journaling so I turned it into a piece of wordart using alphas from Everyone Has a Story by Captivated Visions and tags from Full Speed Ahead by Designs by Kat. I added small drop shadows to the letters and tags.



The main imagry in the lyrics is a lighthouse on the coast. I don't have any lighthouse backgrounds so I used a coastal paper from the Follow Your Art Discover Paper Pack by Aria and added one of my own Digital Stamps of a Lighthouse. I left the lighthouse as an uncoloured line drawing.



Some grunge on the edges of my art journaling page will add some depth. To do this I added a kraft coloured paper from Kat's Full Speed Ahead. 



Then I masked it using one of Aria's Grunge overlays.


To add to the love theme I placed the hearts overlay from Everyone Has a Story underneath the wordart and applied a Softlight Blending mode to it.



And to finish off I added the heart scribble and script by Cilenia ontop of the background with a Mulitply Blend Mode.


Have fun creating, blessings to you all from Angela

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the step by step run down of this lovely page's construction. Very much enjoy this type of deconstruction and always learn a lot and it is fun to see how an artist's mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you too for a step by step. I would never know how to create such a lovely page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also with digital work you don't have a mess to clean up. I have done scrapbooking digitally. I will have to try some journaling too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. If you are asking a question please leave your email address to we can answer you.