I am using one of the Art Dolls 2 Templates by CileniaCurtis with Cilenia’s Colour Play 4 paperpack.
To use templates inside Craft Artist they need to be in png format. The psd files are specific to Photoshop software will not work in Craft Artist. Cilenia has created her art doll templates in both formats so we can use them too.
- The Art Doll Templates are sized to 12 x 12 inches, so set-up you page in Craft Artist to 12 x 12 inches in size.
- There are a few ways to import the files into Craft Artist, but my favourite is to drag drop directly from Windows Explorer onto the page inside Craft Artist. I have opened up the PNGs-Doll6 folder.
- Start with the body piece by dragging it onto the page, don’t worry about placement yet, anywhere on the page will do.
- Add the 5 dress pieces to the same layer on the page you put the body piece on.
- Drag-select all 6 pieces
- Goto the Alignment tab at the bottom right of the software window and click the icons for centre align vertical and horixontal. This will line up all the template pieces for you.
- Move centrally on the page if you need to.
- Now we can start adding papers to create the dress.
- Drag the first paper onto the page (still working on the same layer)
- With the paper selected, goto the layers tab and drag the icon for the paper down below the dress pieces
- Using the icons on the layers tab, shift select the paper and the bottom dress piece.
- Move your mouse over the page and right-click.
- Choose crop from the menu
- This will crop the paper to the dress piece for you.
- Repeat with different papers for the remaining dress pieces
- Drag the remaining template pieces onto the page from the templates folder in Windows Explorer.
- Select everything and centre align them using the alignment tab
- With everything still selected click on the group icon to join them all together as a group object
- Now you can resize, move and add shadows etc to the group object in the same way you would a digital scrapbooking element.
If there any other things you would like to learn how to do in Craft Artist please let me know.
Happy scrapping from Angela